Every ISN product is:
- Handmade from ethically sourced organic and wild-harvested ingredients, and where possible, from small communities who directly benefit from the sale of their goods.
- Chemical-free and raw, allowing maximum benefit from each ingredient as nature intended
- Naturally free from any parabens, phthalates, ammonia, sulphates, petrochemicals, resorcinol, solubilisers, emulsifiers, artificial colours, fragrances and preservatives.
- Formulated with ingredients that have a 0 rating with the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep Cosmetic Database (http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/).
- Wherever possible, ingredient packaging such as coconut oil buckets, bubble wrap and boxes, is reused or recycled.
- Waste, such as paper towels and latex gloves, is all biodegradable.
- No chemicals are used in the processing. Sterilising is done with hot water and an oven rather than the common practise of spraying jars with chemicals.
- All surfaces are washed with vinegar during processing.
Cold-pressed Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Extracted from fresh white coconut flesh with no chemicals used during the production process. The result is pure, organic oil that retains all its natural goodness, including a fresh coconut essence, vitamin E and high levels of lauric acid. It's the lauric acid that gives coconut oil its antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial properties, making it suitable for all skin types, even pimple-prone skin.
Has been traditionally used for centuries in the Pacific Islands for its skin healing properties. More recently, tamanu oil has been researched for its ability to help improve the appearance of scar tissue. Tamanu oil contains a unique fatty acid, antibiotic and anti-inflammatory ingredients. But it's tamanu oil's ability to encourage the regeneration of new skin tissue that we find most impressive — an effect called cicatrisation, which helps explain the oil's anti-ageing benefits.
Tamanu oil penetrates all three layers of your skin, helping to deliver the benefits of the oil and of other skincare ingredients.
MSM or Methylsulfonylmethane
A naturally occurring crystal-like powder and the star ingredient in our MSM Nourishing Exfoliant. MSM is a rich source of organic sulphur, which is found in every cell in the body. When it's used externally, MSM penetrates the skin where it encourages healthy new skin cells, helps improve circulation, supports the production of collagen and keratin, and may help to reduce scar tissue and the visibility of facial wisdom lines. MSM also helps pimples to dry and heal.
MSM is water-soluble, which is why it is suspended rather than dissolved in the healing oils contained in our Nourishing Exfoliant. By leaving the MSM crystals suspended, you can experience the benefits of MSM as an exfoliant and then simply add water to experience its nourishing benefits. Simply brilliant!
Mandarin Essential Oil
Has a fresh citrus aroma that is both soothing and uplifting. It's considered one of the gentlest essential oils, and is often recommended for children and used in small amounts to give natural skincare a subtly delicious fragrance.
Organic Shea Butter
A rich ivory coloured butter extracted from the nuts of the shea tree. Although it sounds a bit like reading a science dictionary, it's the unique combination of oleic, stearic, linoleic, palmitic, and arachidic fatty acids that make shea butter such a luxurious treat for dehydrated, sensitive, irritated or stressed skin.
Shea butter creates a protective layer on the skin to help prevent moisture loss and promote elasticity. The butter also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory skin healing properties.